Dr Stephen Kwang
BDSc(Hons), BScDent(Hons), DClinDent, MRACDS(Endo)
Before specialising in endodontics, Stephen worked for 6 years as a dentist: 1 year in Singapore, and 5 years in the government and private sectors in Perth. In Singapore, he treated people of many nationalities and was exposed to dental practices from around the world.
As a result, Stephen combines sensitivity and professionalism when working with people from all cultures. He also has a conversational knowledge of Mandarin.
- BDSc(Hons), BScDent(Hons) and DClinDent (Endodontics)
- Research published in international, peer-reviewed journals
- Oral Health Centre of WA: registrar (2010-2012); and supervised dental students since 2007
- State-of-the-art equipment, e.g. operating microscope, fibre-optic transillumination, ultrasonics and digital radiography
- Numerous prizes and scholarships for academic excellence in dentistry and endodontics.
Stephen appreciates that people seek endodontic treatment for many reasons: cosmetic, pain relief and work-related factors. He also appreciates that for many people dental treatment is unsettling: both the treatment itself and its potential costs.
As a result, understanding his patients’ circumstances and concerns is paramount to Stephen. As for his clinical approach, it is evidence-based and conservative. He assiduously examines each tooth that may require treatment, which he recommends solely on the basis of sufficient evidence.
Professional affiliations and memberships
- Registered Specialist Endodontist
- Australian Society of Endodontology
- Australian Dental Association
- Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons in Endodontics.
Outside his professional activities, Stephen enjoys playing the piano, reading and travelling.